Loading Mercury With a Pitchfork by Richard Brautigan


This was a very short collection of very short poems written about life & death; sex & food and memories & regrets. I enjoyed the raw grittiness of it all. I felt like many of these were written on the fly with little hope from Brautigan of ever seeing them published.

I really enjoyed Brautigan's, "Willard and his Bowling Trophies" and I felt that this collection was definitely in the same vein. I could waste my time writting a long thought provoking review, but it would be longer than this book, proper.

 I gave this a 5/5.

For more information on Loading Mercury with a Pitchfork or Richard Brautigan, please visit his Goodreads page.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dion: A Tale of the Highway by Jonathan Maas

Abandon by Blake Crouch

The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson